17058Re: [PrimeNumbers] Re: Brocard's Conjecture, and other notes

  • Jeremy Wood
    Oct 7, 2005
      Thanks. Hmmm... yeah I was suspect of that one.

      Back to square one. It still seems like the earlier
      expression involving pi((p(i+1)^2) really should lend
      itself to an insight into brocard's conjecture.

      - Jeremy Wood

      --- Patrick Capelle <patrick.capelle@...> wrote:

      > --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, Jeremy
      > <mickleness@y...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi everyone... I just joined the list.
      > >
      > > I wrote a little paper on primes recently,
      > offering an informal proof
      > > of Brocard's Conjecture. a few notes on twin
      > primes. and other
      > > observations.
      > >
      > > I was wondering if people on this list could look
      > it over and let me
      > > know... well... if it has any merit. I'm
      > competent at math, but
      > > proofs and high level math are a little foreign to
      > me...
      > >
      > > http://homepage.mac.com/bricolage1/essays/
      > >

      > Hello Jeremy,
      >
      > At the beginning of your proof of Brocard's
      > conjecture,you wrote :
      > "Well if d-b >= k, and a >= b and c >= d, then
      > surely c-a >= k ".
      > Surely not.There are cases where c-a < k.
      > Take for instance a = 5, b = 2, c = 7, d = 6 and k =
      > 3.
      >
      > Regards,
      > Patrick Capelle.

    • Show all 5 messages in this topic