17057Re: Brocard's Conjecture, and other notes

  • Patrick Capelle
    Oct 7, 2005
      --- In primenumbers@yahoogroups.com, Jeremy <mickleness@y...> wrote:

      > Hi everyone... I just joined the list.
      >
      > I wrote a little paper on primes recently, offering an informal proof
      > of Brocard's Conjecture. a few notes on twin primes. and other
      > observations.
      >
      > I was wondering if people on this list could look it over and let me
      > know... well... if it has any merit. I'm competent at math, but
      > proofs and high level math are a little foreign to me...
      >
      > http://homepage.mac.com/bricolage1/essays/

      Hello Jeremy,

      At the beginning of your proof of Brocard's conjecture,you wrote :
      "Well if d-b >= k, and a >= b and c >= d, then surely c-a >= k ".
      Surely not.There are cases where c-a < k.
      Take for instance a = 5, b = 2, c = 7, d = 6 and k = 3.

      Regards,
      Patrick Capelle.
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic