17028Re: ECM/FPGA Implementation Update

  • Ron
    Sep 16, 2005
      Hi Folks,

      Consider this just a quick note to announce that tonight for the
      first time ever I HAVE SUCCESSFULLY TESTED MY VERILOG ECM DESIGN!!!

      It will be awhile before I have any hard statistics on how wide the
      data bus can be versus type of FPGA because there are an enormous
      number of choices of FPGAs, and quite a bit of "clean-up" work and
      testing remaining to be done, but initially at least the stats
      probably won't be very impressive. Most likely the maximum size
      composite it will be able to factor will be between 2^64 and 2^128 as
      a guess.

      Anyhow, for the first time in many years I feel like opening a bottle
      of some very old Cognac. :-)

      -- Ron
    • Show all 22 messages in this topic