16041FLT

  • John W. Nicholson
    Feb 7, 2005
      http://primes.utm.edu/top20/page.php?id=2
      "
      Around 1825 Sophie Germain proved that the first case of Fermat's
      Last Theorem is true for such primes. Soon after Legendre began to
      generalize this by showing the first case of FLT also holds for odd
      primes p such that kp+1 is prime, k=4, 8, 10, 14 and 16. In 1991 Fee
      and Granville [FG91] extended this to k<100, k not a multiple of
      three."

      My question is: What about the converse? How many things does the
      FLT now prove about primes? Not just about SG primes and the others
      which were use to reduece the problem, I am thinking of what other
      ways it may be used. Like: Is there any type of primes of a form
      which includes x^n + y^n?
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic