15699Re: another way to calculate primes

  • jbrennen
    Dec 6, 2004
      --- Mike Oakes wrote:

      > g.mazzarello@t... writes:
      >
      > >I was wondering this: for a fixed M, are there more primes < M
      > >ending with 3 and 7 than primes < M ending with 1 and 9?
      >
      > Everyone believes that asymptotically (as M -> oo) the numbers
      > are equal, but no-one can prove this.

      I thought that they were proven to be asymptotically equal by
      an extension of Dirichlet's Theorem.

      http://www.utm.edu/research/primes/notes/Dirichlet.html

      See the last equation on that page, which gives bounds for an
      error term.
    • Show all 15 messages in this topic