14811Question (maybe sub-conjecture) on Merten's conjecture

  • richard042@yahoo.com
    Apr 30, 2004
      Hello All,

      Does the proof that Merten's Conjecture is not true also prove that
      exceptions to the conjecture occur infinitely often? If no, what
      approaches can you think of toward exploring the possibility of a
      proof that the number of exceptions to Merten's are finite? Possibly
      expressed in form "for n>(big number), Mertenn's is true". I have a
      strange idea in my head that the problem might be easier to solve
      than appearences suggest and I need this list to destroy that notion
      as expeditiously as possible, so I may concentrate on more
      constructive studies.

      Thanks,

      Dick