14626theoretical question

  • asposer
    Mar 2, 2004
      Let's say you have an arbitrarily long list of primes (but it is
      bounded).

      Is it always possible to make a list of multipliers, with a one-to-
      one correspondence to the primes list, which generates via
      multiplication a string of integers with a constant difference, n?
      An example:

      List of primes:
      ---------------

      3
      5
      7
      11

      Desired n: 3

      5 * 12 = 60
      7 * 9 = 63
      11 * 6 = 66
      3 * 23 = 69

      List of multipliers: 12, 9, 6, 23

      Which leads to two related questions; is it possible to do this with
      an infinitely large list of primes? Also, is it possible to produce
      lists for all n, n = 0, 1, 2, etc...

      Just a thought I had today, if someone knows of a site or sites which
      address these problems I'd be happy to get links. Thanks!

      -Andrew-
    • Show all 4 messages in this topic