13162Re: Prime Number Progresions

  • Mark Underwood
    Aug 4, 2003
      Hi Virginia

      Yours is of the form 6x^2 + 6x + 31, generating primes from x=0 to
      x=28.

      Interestingly, Gary's (2x^2 -88x + 997) generates 29 distinct primes
      as well but is a different equation than yours.

      I just figured that Gary's equation can be reduced to 2x^2 + 29 to
      generate his 29 distinct primes from x=0 to x=28 !

      Mark