      From: "Dr. Michael Hartley" <michael@...>
      To: "Jens Kruse Andersen" <jens.k.a@...>; <undisclosed-recipients:;>
      Cc: <primenumbers@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, July 31, 2003 3:45 AM
      Subject: RE: Re: [PrimeNumbers] Polynomial that generates only primes...for
      the first 51 values

      > Congrats!
      >
      > I noticed your polynomial is also prime for a few negative values of x.
      >
      > By substituting x = t-6, you can get
      >
      > 2*t^2-112*t+1597 which is prime for t in [0..56]
      >
      > Once again, congrats.. :-)

      I have not e-mailed you. Yesterday I also received the mail you quote,
      allegedly from myself!
      Someone on the primenumbers list must have a virus picking addresses from the
      host computer and sending mails in my name. That has happened before for
      others. This stupid virus mailed me with me as sender. The above shows the
      virus gives the sender address jens.k.a@... where my address is
      jens.k.a@...
      The mail I got was 98 kb with an attached file, probably a virus. If anyone
      receives big unexpected mails claiming to come from me then delete them
      without opening them - kind of makes it dangerous to request my tuplet
      finder :-(
      If you have already opened a mail, do a virus scan. The only I have
      sent a true mail with attached files is Paul Jobling. The virus may pick other
      sender addresses so look out.

      --
      Jens Kruse Andersen
    • Show all 6 messages in this topic