1255Re: Titanix improves the ECPP record

  • d.broadhurst@open.ac.uk
    Jun 4, 2001
      It's interesting that neither Marcel nor I could
      conjure up a an argument for digits^6.
      Maybe there's some fancy complexity argument that
      gives this asymptotically. But my finger counting
      couldn't get beyond digits^5.
      So maybe instead of A*(d+const)^6 one should
      just fix A*d^c, at d digits. Including a constant might
      have masked a growth slower than digits^6.
      I think one should fit the exponent to the data.
      Just plot log(time) against log(digits) and
      measure the slope of the best fit.