11675RE: [PrimeNumbers] Isomorphic Numbers

    Mar 5, 2003
      --- Jon Perry <perry@...> wrote:
      > 'Are the two elements supposed to be distinct? Jon doesn't state
      > that in his first post today.'
      >
      > This wasn't a condition in the original discussion, indeed we have 4+4=8,
      > 4*4+1=17, same for 2.

      You seem back-to-front, Jon.

      8 is composite, 17 is prime and {1,2,3,4,5} was provided as a solution.
      Therefore the condition that the pair's elements are distinct _was_ a
      condition in the first one?
      If it wasn't a condition, then {1,2,3,4,5} wouldn't have been a solution.

      > For stringency this could be added, although graphs with loops are frowned
      > at...

      Nope, trees and forests with loops are frowned upon (and any other DAGs, of
      course)

      Phil

      =====
      "Only an admission that he does possess weapons of mass destruction
      would do, sources said: 'The rest is just gesture politics." -- Hoon

      "Are you still bombing your wife?" -- Winjer

      http://taxes.yahoo.com/
    • Show all 26 messages in this topic