10715Re: primes close to 2^(2^n) for n = 11..14

  • paulunderwooduk <paulunderwood@mindless.
    Jan 5, 2003
      --- David Broadhurst wrote:
      > Paul:
      >
      > > I wonder why PFGW did not implement Baillie-PSW.
      >
      > I guess because then the fast PrP test would be 3 times slower.

      No I didn't mean using B-PSW as the main PRP test! Rather I meant:
      why does PFGW report Fermat and Lucas PRP rather than B-PSW? Is
      something to do with the calculation of N^2-1?

      > And the -tc test is stronger than B-PSW, I believe.
      > If you have a fair pecentage of N^2-1 it's *very* strong.

      Can someone construct such a N^2-1 factored composite number?

      Paul
    • Show all 17 messages in this topic