10648Re: [PrimeNumbers] primes close to 2^(2^n) for n = 11..14

    Jan 4, 2003
      --- Carl Devore <devore@...> wrote:
      > On Fri, 3 Jan 2003, Phil Carmody wrote:
      > > I don't know any list which goes up to such high powers of 2. Heheh, 2^(2^9)
      > > I could give you a vast number of examples for.
      > I found a list for the largest n-bit prime for n up to 400. It should be
      > feasible, and useful I believe, to extend this up n ~ 2^14. Even a list
      > of any n-bit prime for each n would be useful.

      This is a job for script-mode PFGW. Anyone care to write a script that will
      generate 10 PRPs above and below each exponent?
      (You only need script mode to get it to stop after finding 10, you could
      simply get it to to a fixed size band using ordinary ABC2 mode.)

      The answer to life's mystery is simple and direct:
      Sex and death. -- Ian 'Lemmy' Kilminster

      Do you Yahoo!?