10609RE: Wobling comments: ECPP, Cyclotomy, Konyagin/Pomerance

  • David Broadhurst <d.broadhurst@open.ac.u
    Jan 2, 2003
      > ECPP, Cyclotomy, Konyagin/Pomerance

      1) ECPP is at present an archivable class, with a top-20.

      I believe that it should stay like this, with Chris trying to
      chase up the folk in Marcel's top-20 who are not yet in his.

      Once proven by ECPP, no subsequent easier validation can demote
      such a prime, since the top-20 is for primes first proven by ECPP.

      2) Cyclotomy is at present an archivable class, with a top-20.

      I believe that should be relegated to a mere comment.

      No-one will be affected since all of the present top-20 are archivable
      according to their mathematical definitions, irrespective of their
      proof method.

      3) Konyagin/Pomerance is at present neither an archivable class
      nor an accepted comment.

      I believe it should stay like this.

      If folk want to indicate that KP was the proof method they can do
      so as I do, using the <url,...,notes> addendum.

      David Broadhurst
    • Show all 5 messages in this topic