10086Re: [PrimeNumbers] Primality proving around 10^14

  • mikeoakes2@aol.com
    Nov 30, 2002
      In a message dated 30/11/02 21:43:36 GMT Standard Time, judmccr@...
      writes:

      > 9 tests (of the first 9 prime numbers) are required for 341550071728321,
      > but I don't think the first one that requires 10 tests is known.

      Tantalizing... (who's got lots of spare cycles?...)

      [and sorry, Jud: the earlier misunderstanding of your reference to using
      MR(s) was all mine: I didn't realize you were making essential use of the
      fact that n < 3.4*10^14, and were in fact telling me the same as Jack was.]

      Mike