GAP record

  • Pierre CAMI
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 4, 2009
      I send this mail to trnicely :

      I found a record GAP of 351526 with a merit of 19.1 , the first
      prime of this GAP is 15889*18481#/6-197044 , all the odd numbers
      inside the GAP have factors or certified as composites using the comand
      pfgw -f gapr.txt > out.txt
      Here attach the gapr.txt file and the output file out.txt
      I am going to certified the primality of the 2 primes using PRIMO
      and will get the result in 3 or 4 months
      Respectfull regards
      Pierre CAMI
    • Jens Kruse Andersen
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 4, 2009
        Pierre CAMI wrote:
        > I found a record GAP of 351526 with a merit of 19.1 , the first
        > prime of this GAP is 15889*18481#/6-197044

        Congratulations on a great gap!
        Finding this merit and size with a primorial expression is very impressive.
        It is the largest known gap with merit above 13.5.
        I have confirmed there are no primes in the gap.
        http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl522332/math/primegaps/gaps20.htm is updated.

        > I am going to certified the primality of the 2 primes using PRIMO
        > and will get the result in 3 or 4 months

        Good luck with the 7984-digit prp's.
        The largest gap with certified end points is currently 337446
        with 7996-digit proofs by François Morain in 2005:
        http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl522332/math/primegaps/gap337446.htm

        In other news, on July 24 the exhaustive distributed prime gap search
        by Tomás Oliveira e Silva (as part of a Goldbach verification project)
        reached 1.5*10^18. Earlier this year he found a gap of 1476 after
        1425172824437699411 with the largest known merit 35.31.
        The gap has now been shown to be the 75th and largest known maximal gap:
        http://users.cybercity.dk/~dsl522332/math/primegaps/maximal.htm

        --
        Jens Kruse Andersen