AP19 with diff 29#

  • Jaroslaw Wroblewski
    Message 1 of 43 , Dec 29, 2006
      Yesterday around noon I set up a search for 19AP with difference 29# on
      15 Athlons64 since this would qualify as 19 Simultaneous Primes
      according to the rules set by Jens. When I checked the results today around
      3 a.m. I saw 2 solutions:

      21167397384723757 + 29#*n, n=0,1,2,..,18
      206063865762371 + 29#*n, n=0,1,2,..,18

      For all my searches I am using my own C code. The main reason why I am
      searching AP's with primorial difference is that I was able to compose a
      fairly efficient algorithm for the AP's difference fixed and being
      divisible by many small primes.

      Jarek
    • Lélio
      Message 43 of 43 , Jan 1, 2007
        --- In <mailto:primeform%40yahoogroups.com> primeform@yahoogroups.com,
        "Mike Oakes" wrote:

        > It is amusing to note at
        > <http://www.primenumbers.net/prptop/prptop.php?page=40#haut>
        http://www.primenumbers.net/prptop/prptop.php?page=40#haut
        > that the PRP in the cut-off position with Rank precisely 10000 is (at
        > the moment) one of those David so consigned.

        > BTW, unlike David, I quite enjoy having PRPs listed, so renounce my
        > reservation of the search range 10000 - 10500.
        > I consider this a particularly useless range to toil in, as the
        > current 10692-digit cutoff for listing will only increase over time.

        But you can visit the baby gigantics at any time by making page=41, page=42,
        page=43 and so forth in the construct of the above URL , at least until
        Henri makes his mind to limit it to the top 10000 like Chris Caldwell did.

        Lélio