Do I hear the echo?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 28 10:19 PM
      When I am your President, the rest of the world will not look down
      on us with pity but up to us with respect again.

      What is George Bush doing about our economic problems?

      Now, four years ago he promised 15 million new jobs by this time,
      and he's over 14 million short. Al Gore and I can do better.

      He has raised taxes on the people driving pickup trucks and lowered
      taxes on the people riding in limousines. We can do better.

      He promised to balance the budget, but he hasn't even tried. In
      fact, the budgets he has submitted to Congress nearly doubled the
      debt. Even worse, he wasted billions and reduced our investments in
      education and jobs. We can do better.

      So if you are sick and tired of a government that doesn't work to
      create jobs, if you're sick and tired of a tax system that's stacked
      against you, if you're sick and tired of exploding debt and reduced
      investments in our future, or if, like the great civil rights
      pioneer Fannie Lou Hamer, you're just plain old sick and tired of
      being sick and tired, then join us, work with us, win with us, and
      we can make our country the country it was meant to be.

      Exerpt of the acceptance speech to the Democratic National
      Convention by Governor Bill Clinton from Arkansas
      1992, New York City