Eminent Domain: hotel to replace Justice Souter's house?

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 28, 2005
      http://www.freestarmedia.com/hotellostliberty2.html

      Below is our letter to begin the development process.
      Read our letter starting the project here.
      Press Release

      For Release Monday, June 27 to New Hampshire media
      For Release Tuesday, June 28 to all other media

      Weare, New Hampshire (PRWEB) Could a hotel be built on
      the land owned by Supreme Court Justice David H.
      Souter? A new ruling by the Supreme Court which was
      supported by Justice Souter himself itself might allow
      it. A private developer is seeking to use this very
      law to build a hotel on Souter's land.

      Justice Souter's vote in the "Kelo vs. City of New
      London" decision allows city governments to take land
      from one private owner and give it to another if the
      government will generate greater tax revenue or other
      economic benefits when the land is developed by the
      new owner.

      On Monday June 27, Logan Darrow Clements, faxed a
      request to Chip Meany the code enforcement officer of
      the Towne of Weare, New Hampshire seeking to start the
      application process to build a hotel on 34 Cilley Hill
      Road. This is the present location of Mr. Souter's
      home.

      Clements, CEO of Freestar Media, LLC, points out that
      the City of Weare will certainly gain greater tax
      revenue and economic benefits with a hotel on 34
      Cilley Hill Road than allowing Mr. Souter to own the
      land.

      The proposed development, called "The Lost Liberty
      Hotel" will feature the "Just Desserts Café" and
      include a museum, open to the public, featuring a
      permanent exhibit on the loss of freedom in America.
      Instead of a Gideon's Bible each guest will receive a
      free copy of Ayn Rand's novel "Atlas Shrugged."

      Clements indicated that the hotel must be built on
      this particular piece of land because it is a unique
      site being the home of someone largely responsible for
      destroying property rights for all Americans.

      "This is not a prank" said Clements, "The Towne of
      Weare has five people on the Board of Selectmen. If
      three of them vote to use the power of eminent domain
      to take this land from Mr. Souter we can begin our
      hotel development."

      Clements' plan is to raise investment capital from
      wealthy pro-liberty investors and draw up
      architectural plans. These plans would then be used to
      raise investment capital for the project. Clements
      hopes that regular customers of the hotel might
      include supporters of the Institute For Justice and
      participants in the Free State Project among others.

      # # #

      Logan Darrow Clements
      Freestar Media, LLC

      Phone 310-593-4843