Rove-ism Replaces McCarthyism

    Message 1 of 1 , Jun 24, 2005
      Rove-ism Replaces McCarthyism
      by Armando
      Thu Jun 23rd, 2005 at 12:04:15 PDT
      The Moderate Voice comments:

      Let me get this straight: Republicans who were upset over the over-
      the-top remarks of Senator Richard Durbin and the pungent comments
      of Senator Harry Reid are now defending Karl Rove accusing liberals
      and Democrats of not wanting to fight terrorism -- and in effect
      wanting to see American troops die?
      Can there be any doubt that this White House and administration have
      no desire to work for national unity, even on issue of terrorism?
      It's MO seems to be division and polarization -- whipping up rage
      against defined enemies...which now apparently include those who
      compete with it at the ballot box .. .

      . . . Some questions for Mr. Rove:

      So our military forces are composed ONLY of Republicans? Only
      Republicans have died on the battlefield? There were no Democrats,
      no independents? No one who gave their life for our country was ever
      a liberal? Do they have to be Rush Limbaugh listeners to go to the
      front lines?

      . . . We did a search and can't find Democrats having suggested a
      visit to Dr. Laura. When did anyone suggest counseling for
      terrorists or Sadaam -- or anything remotely suggesting a touchy-
      feely approach to terrorism? After 911 there was bipartisan unity.
      Even on the Iraq war, the administration got lots of Democrats to go
      along with them.

      . . . {T}he White House is backing his comments -- which means this
      is how they feel: that the Democrats are soft on terrorism and want
      to see American troops harmed.

      20th century McCarthyism seems to have been replaced by 21st century
      Rove-ism.

      The New McCarthyism practiced by Rove.