Re: The earliest candidate for 2008?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 21, 2005
      I also like Biden. A friend of mine on another list had some criticism
      of him:

      "Biden has been outspoken in his criticism of the Bush administration
      and the handling of the Iraq war. I have written to him several times
      in his capacity as a member of the Senate Foreign Relations Committee,
      protesting US foreign poliicy. I've never gotten a response and his web
      page is very clear about "Delawarians" will get responses from him,
      which I guess is fair. On the other hand, he was one of the first last
      week to distance himself from DNC Chairman Dean, saying "Dean doesn't
      speak for me," after Dean had the gall to say bad things about the
      Republicans in public. And, he was one of the Demcrats who voted for
      the new Bankruptcy Act. He represents Delaware, where many credit card
      companies are headquartered, including MBNA, which basically wrote that
      (terrible piece of) legislation. I listened to an NPR report while that
      legislation was still in committee and he was actually very rude to
      some of the witnesses who wanted to testify against that bill.

      So there you have Joe Biden, the Senator from MBNA, as he's known at
      some message boards I visit. In the end, another corpo-Democrat, I
      think. For more on Biden, check this (also has a very old picture of
      him)."

      http://www.opensecrets.org/politicians/summary.asp?cid=N00001669&cycle=2006