Re: Senators Mentioned As Possible Justices

    Message 1 of 4 , Jun 12, 2005
      Well, I hope not. Either Kyl or Cornyn will make an awful Supreme
      Court Justice.

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 12, 2005
        When I sent that article to another list a friend of mine found two
        interesting articles on Cornyn:
        http://www.texasobserver.org/showArticle.asp?ArticleID=750
        http://www.pnionline.com/dnblog/attytood/archives/001680.html

        The first is an article about how Cornyn supported George Wallace for
        president in 1968 when Cornyn was in high school. The second article
        is titled "10 other reasons not to like John Cornyn" which I think is
        pretty self-explanatory.

        Message 3 of 4 , Jun 13, 2005
          Cornyn being a friend of George Wallace is no surprise to me. Most of
          the New South/Goldwater Republicans are the ex-Dixiecrats anyway.
          During the Kennedy-Johnson period, most of them switched party with
          Thurmond et al. We know that fact too well.