Re: [prezveepsenator] Re: Democrats Consider Revamping Primaries

    Message 1 of 4 , May 15, 2005
      I think your idea sounds better than the current
      system. The party's wondering how to attract more
      votes in the south, and giving us a say in the
      nomination might help a bit. I don't know when
      Georgia's primary date is, but in Texas we all know
      that the nomination's been decided long before our
      primary (in March), so few people vote in primaries
      (presidential primaries anyway). The Michigan group's
      idea of "a rotating series of six regional primaries"
      sounds good to me, though there might be potential
      problems that I don't foresee. What do you think?

      http://www.guardian.co.uk/worldlatest/story/0,1280,-5006824,00.html

      Message 2 of 4 , May 16, 2005
        The Michigan plan makes a lot of sense also. I just don't think the
        current system even works anymore. Iowa, the first state to pick
        Kerry, ended up voting for Bush last time. It's obvious enough that
        a stronger concensus must be made at about the same time before we
        rule out the chances of other candidates.