Re: FDR: A Presidency Revealed

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2005
      Eleanor was much more liberal than her husband and most contemporary
      politicians. Her closest political allies were Henry Wallace Hubert
      Humphrey, and later, NAACP's Walter White and Adlai Stevenson. The
      Democratic Party would still have been controlled by the Southern
      Dixiecrats till this day had the Roosevelts never become the focus of
      the party. (Imagine Cornyn and Chambliss running as conservative
      Democrats.)

      She totally transformed the role of the First Lady, and she made the
      best use of it to better mankind. That's why Eleanor Roosevelt is the
      greatest First Lady of America.

      Ram

      --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, Greg Cannon <gregcannon1@y...>