FDR: A Presidency Revealed

    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 19, 2005
      http://www.historychannel.com/fdr/

      A truly fair and balanced assessment of the man. I enjoyed the
      documentary a lot. If you missed the first airing on Sunday and
      yesterday. There will be an encore on 4/23 (Saturday) at 8PM.

      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 19, 2005
        I saw part of it last night, and I agree it's a good
        documentary. I knew Eleanor was involved with
        politics, but I had no idea about the extent of her
        involvement, or that she seemed to publicly disagree
        with her husband on the rights of African-Americans.

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 19, 2005
          Eleanor was much more liberal than her husband and most contemporary
          politicians. Her closest political allies were Henry Wallace Hubert
          Humphrey, and later, NAACP's Walter White and Adlai Stevenson. The
          Democratic Party would still have been controlled by the Southern
          Dixiecrats till this day had the Roosevelts never become the focus of
          the party. (Imagine Cornyn and Chambliss running as conservative
          Democrats.)

          She totally transformed the role of the First Lady, and she made the
          best use of it to better mankind. That's why Eleanor Roosevelt is the
          greatest First Lady of America.

          Ram

          --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, Greg Cannon <gregcannon1@y...>