Re: was the 1864 election delayed?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jul 12, 2004
      No idea if it was a Tuesday or not. But if it was postponed in 1865
      then it must have only been postponed a few days. And that doesn't
      seem likely to me. I'd expect a postonement, in their time or ours, to
      be at least a few weeks, because there'd need to be that much time to
      get all the polling places reorganized. Or so I suspect.