Re: "Republic of Texas" resurfaces

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 16, 2005
      I don't really know. In the unlikely event that Texas secedes, I think
      all the rules would be up in the air. If it happened though, I would
      likely lobby my local officials to have El Paso secede from Texas. I'm
      often not fond of what the U.S. federal government does, but I fear
      what we might Texans might dream up if left to our own devices.

      And of course those Republic of Texas people aren't just imagining an
      independent Texas with the borders Texas has today. They want to
      include parts of New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, and I forgot what else.