Re: "Republic of Texas" resurfaces

    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 15, 2005
      Sounds like a plan. But is it possible for a city to secede from a state?

      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 16, 2005
        I don't really know. In the unlikely event that Texas secedes, I think
        all the rules would be up in the air. If it happened though, I would
        likely lobby my local officials to have El Paso secede from Texas. I'm
        often not fond of what the U.S. federal government does, but I fear
        what we might Texans might dream up if left to our own devices.

        And of course those Republic of Texas people aren't just imagining an
        independent Texas with the borders Texas has today. They want to
        include parts of New Mexico, Colorado, Wyoming, and I forgot what else.