Clinton Video

  • Gregory
    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 7, 2005
      http://realserver.cstl.semo.edu/ramgen/Harte/clintonshow.rm

      Here is a summary of the items you'll see on the Clinton video (which
      by popular request is longer than the last video!). We start with a
      clip from Clinton's acceptance speech at the 1992 Convention. You'll
      hear him talk about the New Democrats.

      Then you'll see an excerpt from the Labor Day campaign kick-off
      speech given in Harry Truman's hometown of Independence, Missouri.

      Following that is a section from the first 1992 debate. Note how
      Clinton directly addresses his opponent (Mr. Bush, not President
      Bush), a classic strategy. (If you're interested in television debate
      tactics, I recommend Myles Martel's book on the subject. He was
      Reagan's debate coach in 1980.)

      Next is a clip from Clinton's address to Congress regarding health
      care, followed by a segment from a ceremonial address in observance
      of D-Day.

      Then comes a clip from the 1995 State of Union Address following the
      loss of Congress to the Republicans. Do you think Clinton makes the
      best out of a bad situation? This section might, by the way,
      constitute a brief summary of our course!

      Then there is a clip from the first inaugural (sorry, it's out of
      chronological order, but we almost lost the tape). Next is a clip
      from Clinton's speech to the Radio-Television correspondents which
      shows he is also adept at after-dinner speaking.

      We conclude with what, alas, may be among the more memorable of
      Clinton's speeches: those dealing with Monica Lewinsky. The first is
      his TV address following grand jury testimony and the second is his
      speech at the annual White House prayer breakfast.

      Even knowing what you now know about Bill Clinton, I think it is
      still clear that he can be a rather formidable speaker. Do you agree?