Re: President Bush in Fargo N.D.

    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2005
      http://www.socialsecuritytrustfund.com

      Ram

      --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, "ms_wheels" <pamwheeler1@m...>
      wrote:

      > I sat 3 rows behind President Bush while he was speaking on Social
      > Security. Something I am trying to figure out myself.
    • Gregory
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 4, 2005
        I am very happy for you! Regardless of the politics with him and
        this issue, you will always treasure the memory of a huge event with
        the press and the power that any President beings when he (someday a
        she!) travels. Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

        How did you get into a selected grouping like that?

        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2005
          I just happened on an article about Bush's recent visit to North Dakota.

          http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A62221-2005Feb3.html
          Some Barred From Bush's North Dakota Speech

          Friday, February 4, 2005; Page A08

          Not everyone was welcome, apparently, at President Bush's speech in
          North Dakota yesterday.

          The Fargo Forum reported that a city commissioner, a liberal radio
          producer, a deputy Democratic campaign manager and a number of
          university professors were among more than 40 area residents who were
          barred from attending the Bush event. Their names were on a list
          supplied to workers at two ticket distribution sites.

          The "Bush blacklist" is "frightening," Tom Athans, chief executive of
          Democracy Radio, said after learning that a producer for the liberal
          "Ed Schultz Show" was among those barred. "To blacklist a local
          citizen because he produces a radio program at odds with the political
          agenda of the White House is dangerous for democracy."

          City Commissioner Linda Coates, whose husband was also on the list,
          told the newspaper that the list "is very revealing as to what this
          administration is all about."

          The White House said the list may have come from volunteers; it did
          not come from the White House.

          -- Howard Kurtz