President Bush in Fargo N.D.

  • ms_wheels
    Message 1 of 4 , Feb 3, 2005
      I sat 3 rows behind President Bush while he was speaking on Social
      Security. Something I am trying to figure out myself.
      Message 2 of 4 , Feb 3, 2005
        http://www.socialsecuritytrustfund.com

        Ram

        --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, "ms_wheels" <pamwheeler1@m...>
        wrote:

        > I sat 3 rows behind President Bush while he was speaking on Social
        > Security. Something I am trying to figure out myself.
      • Gregory
        Message 3 of 4 , Feb 4, 2005
          I am very happy for you! Regardless of the politics with him and
          this issue, you will always treasure the memory of a huge event with
          the press and the power that any President beings when he (someday a
          she!) travels. Thanks for sharing and have a great day!

          How did you get into a selected grouping like that?

          Message 4 of 4 , Feb 4, 2005
            I just happened on an article about Bush's recent visit to North Dakota.

            http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/articles/A62221-2005Feb3.html
            Some Barred From Bush's North Dakota Speech

            Friday, February 4, 2005; Page A08

            Not everyone was welcome, apparently, at President Bush's speech in
            North Dakota yesterday.

            The Fargo Forum reported that a city commissioner, a liberal radio
            producer, a deputy Democratic campaign manager and a number of
            university professors were among more than 40 area residents who were
            barred from attending the Bush event. Their names were on a list
            supplied to workers at two ticket distribution sites.

            The "Bush blacklist" is "frightening," Tom Athans, chief executive of
            Democracy Radio, said after learning that a producer for the liberal
            "Ed Schultz Show" was among those barred. "To blacklist a local
            citizen because he produces a radio program at odds with the political
            agenda of the White House is dangerous for democracy."

            City Commissioner Linda Coates, whose husband was also on the list,
            told the newspaper that the list "is very revealing as to what this
            administration is all about."

            The White House said the list may have come from volunteers; it did
            not come from the White House.

            -- Howard Kurtz