question

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 10 9:43 AM
      do you all know if there's ever been a time when the president and
      vice-president had the same first name? or for nominees like that who
      lost. i got thinking about this because of kerry's picking edwards.
      greg
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 10 1:42 PM
        This one is easy... at least to me, LOL!

        There was another John-John pair, John Quincy Adams and John
        Caldwell Calhoun in 1824. (Calhoun became the Veep of Andrew Jackson
        who ran against Adams 4 years later.)

        After a little research, I found these loser-pairs:
        George McClellan-George Pendleton Democrat 1864
        James Weaver-James Field Populist 1892
        Charles Hughes-Charles Fairbanks Republican 1916

        Ram

        --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, "greg" <gregcannon1@y...>