Hiram Revels

    Message 1 of 1 , Jan 16, 2005
      Tomorrow is the MLK holiday. I believe it's timely to talk a little
      about African American history. Hiram Revels was the first elected
      African American to serve in the US Senate representing Mississippi
      during the Reconstruction era. He served for one year from 1870-71.
      For more information, here's the bio of Senator Revels:

      http://bioguide.congress.gov/scripts/biodisplay.pl?index=R000166