Re: sarcastic rant re: lifetime imprisonment?

    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
      > To me, hurting someone else because you are afraid they might hurt
      > you is a good definition of cowardice. Strange it has also become
      > some people's definition of bravery.

      I despise John McCain for writing Why Courage Matters so that he can
      run for President again in 2008. Lots of bravery BS in there, and I
      wonder why Bob Graham later named his new book "Intelligence Matters"
      rather than "Wisdom Matters."

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 2, 2005
        I've heard it suggested that if McCain is the Republican candidate in
        2008, he won't get votes from a lot of the social conservatives Bush
        gets support from because he's not conservative enough (in what way
        McCain isn't conservative enough, I have no idea). The people arguing
        that said it goes for Guiliani and Schwarzenegger as well.

        Also, do you all expect Bush to endorse any particular candidate at
        all in the 2008 primaries? Or might he sit back looking presidential
        and watch all the silly lesser Republicans fight?