Re: kerry to unconcede?

    Message 1 of 8 , Jan 2, 2005
      Kind of reminds me of the current policy on gays in the military. But
      of course 'don't ask, don't tell' wouldn't work for skin color.

      I wonder if Eisenhower ever thought about resegrating the military?

      > They didn't like each other. Eisenhower hated Truman for desegregating
      > the military and actually had a fight on that issue.
      >
      > Ram
    • tonymaloley
      Message 2 of 8 , Jan 2, 2005
        > They didn't like each other. Eisenhower hated Truman for
        desegregating the military and actually had a fight on that issue.

        I would pay $50 to see that fight on pay per view. Ike would
        probably be favored, but Harry seems like a scrapper.
        Message 3 of 8 , Jan 2, 2005
          > Kind of reminds me of the current policy on gays in the military. But
          > of course 'don't ask, don't tell' wouldn't work for skin color.

          Kind of reminds me of this quote:

          "Everyone knows that gays have served honorably in the military since
          at least the time of Julius Caesar." - Barry Goldwater

          Message 4 of 8 , Jan 2, 2005
            > I would pay $50 to see that fight on pay per view. Ike would
            > probably be favored, but Harry seems like a scrapper.

            Physically speaking, Ike would crush Harry in the first round. But a
            presidential debate between them two would be amazing, given one
            decided to drop two atomic bombs and another fought a World War.