Re: Digest Number 141

    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 2, 2005
      Hi Joel,

      Hillary Clinton talked about it after she was first elected. But, of
      course, it didn't go anywhere. Then 9/11 happened and a bunch of other
      things happened. So Congress probably just didn't have time (or didn't
      want) to deal with it.

      Besides Colorado, I believe NH and ME did the same thing as well.

      Ram

      --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, Joel Bader
      <braniffjetliner2002@y...> wrote:
      > Have there been any other recent proposals to abolish the Electoral
      College by amending the U.S. Constitution? One would think that after
      the mess in Florida in 2002, there would have been several proposed
      amendments to abolish or overhaul the current system. There was that
      proposal in Colorado earlier this year, in which the electors would
      have been apportioned based on popular vote, as opposed to the
      winner-take-all system, but I am not sure about any others.