Ulysses Grant, Warren Harding, and George W. Bush

    Message 1 of 1 , Dec 21, 2004
      It's just an observation from an earlier conversation with my
      supervisor. Coincidentally, these three Republican presidents shared
      some interesting similarities. (To show bi-partisanship, Democratic
      Franklin Pierce can argubly be added in the mix.)

      All were very lucky and privileged drunkards. All were mediocre
      students in college. All were decent human beings surrounded by very
      corrupt people. All allowed their cronies to commit scandals and
      refused to remove them. All fit the descriptions such as "tragedy"
      and "incompetence" that shaped their presidencies.