bush's statement about edwards

    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2004
      Today a reporter asked Bush how he thinks John Edwards
      will stand up against Dick Cheney. Bush said, "Dick
      Cheney can be president."
      This implies to me that Bush thinks Edwards has some
      inability to be president. Edwards is old enough and
      was born in the country, those are the only legal
      qualifications. Is Bush thinking that Edwards hasn't
      had enough experience in politics? Edwards is after
      all only a first term senator, he was elected in 1998
      and took office in 1999. So he's been in the Senate
      five years. Which is exactly how long Bush had been
      governor of Texas before becoming president, five
      years. Hmmm.
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 7, 2004
        Last night Steven Colbert of the Daily Show read:

        "On the Bush/Cheney campaign website, there is already an
        introduction to John Edwards, 'WHO IS JOHN EDWARDS? A Disingenuous,
        Unaccomplished Liberal And Friend To Personal Injury Trial Lawyers.'
        Only the Bush/Cheney can turn to word 'friend' into an insult."