Re: Nothing sinister about liberal campuses

    Message 1 of 5 , Dec 3, 2004
      > seen from the Introduction to Economics courses I've taken, I'm
      > terrible at economics. Or terrible at all the math involved anyway.
      > Roth's written a book (which I have no intention of buying or
      > reading), "The Ethics and the Economics of Minimalist Government".

      Greg,

      Economics is so much fun with or without the math. Forget about what
      that Roth guy wrote, start from reading the great dialogue between
      Keynes and von Hayek instead. Commanding Heights is a great book
      that describes what has been happening in the last century:

      http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/068483569X?v=glance

      PBS did a good job introducing the book:
      http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/commandingheights/shared/minitext/tr_show01.h
      tml

      You gotta love the Homo Economicus. =)