Eleanor Roosevelt's last book

    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 30, 2004
      On my desk is the book Tomorrow Is Now written by Eleanor Roosevelt
      in 1962, the year she died at the age of 78 because of her ill
      health. It always touches me when I read her writing with all her
      wisdom and love for the country. Get this book if you can. It's all
      worth the few bucks.

      "Once more we are in a period of uncertainty, of danger, in which
      not only our own safety but that of all mankind is threatened. Once
      more we need the qualities that inspired the development of the
      democratic way of life. We need imagination and integrity, courage
      and a high heart. We need to fan the spark of conviction, which may
      again inspire the world as we did with our new idea of the dignity
      and worth of free men. But first we must learn to cast out fear.
      People who 'view with alarm' never build anything." - Eleanor
      Roosevelt, Tomorrow Is Now