It's gonna be all right.

  • tonymaloley
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 15, 2004
      Awareness and communication are very important. Participating in our
      democracy is every voter's duty. I just want to say first that I
      don't want anyone to back off or become complacent,
      but guys,
      don't worry too much about the day's news. Making your tummy hurt
      isn't going to make Bush's term any shorter.

      I say this because things have a way of working out when relatively
      intelligent creatures are doing their thing. Yeah, Bush might
      appoint some crappy people and push through some crappy laws. But
      when he messes things up, the people as a whole will not forget it
      (due to awareness and communication). And the next president will
      probably be a Democrat. And if she does a better job (also likely),
      she'll probably be re-elected. (She's doing well in New York.)

      Remember 1994, when the Republicans took the congress. It happened
      because Clinton was trying to make changes that America as a whole
      was not ready to accept (gays in the military, socialized medicine,
      questionable appointments). The anti-clintons were able to spin it
      in such a way as to frighten the public into voting anti-clinton. As
      a result, Clinton adopted a much less progressive agenda, and managed
      to get re-elected, and do some good things, and not get us into any
      disastrous wars.

      The Constitution is stronger than Bush.
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 15, 2004
        > (due to awareness and communication). And the next president will
        > probably be a Democrat. And if she does a better job (also

        That's the ideal scenario. It feels like people have lost the common
        sense to tell right from wrong already. I've lost more faith in the
        people more than the politics in Election 2004.