Re: 500 write-in candidates in 2008

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 8, 2004
      Is that necessary? I don't think Jeb Bush will get the nomination in
      2008. And I have no problem with a President McCain or Powell.

      Ram

      --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, "greg" <gregcannon1@y...>
      wrote:

      > That's a good idea. What popular conservative people with a
      fortune to run
      > their campaign with are there who might like to run in 2008 as
      independent or
      > 3rd party candidates?
      > --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, "Ram Lau" <ramlau@y...>
      wrote:

      > > I wish Ross Perot ran this time to help Kerry. Miss that old man.
      > >
      > > Ram
    • tonymaloley
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 14, 2004
        If I run into Warren Buffett in Omaha, I'll ask him to run for
        president on all the values the majority of Nebraskans hold dear,
        because we need a good third party conservative candidate, and then
        I'll wink-wink.

        That should suck enough votes away from the Republicans. Hell, he
        might win.

        I think he's a Democrat, (has complained that his taxes are too low!)
        but I think he has enough money to cloud that issue, and enough folk
        hero status in this state to win its endorsement.

        But the odds are pretty good he has other business he would rather
        attend to. Maybe I'll ask him for $100,000,000 to run my campaign
        for the house, and the white house in 2012 when I'm old enough. He
        wouldn't miss the money. -Tony

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 15, 2004
          > I think he's a Democrat, (has complained that his taxes are too
          > low!) but I think he has enough money to cloud that issue, and

          His effective tax rate is like 3% when the middle-class including
          his secretary is paying like 30% or more. That's why he whined about
          how unfair the tax system is. Sure, he's a Democrat (probably
          because of his little sense of fairness).

          If he's to run for something, I hope he will run for Senate. Kinda
          like Corzine buying out a Senate seat. It will be very interesting
          to see him working with Al Franken and Jerry Springer, if they all
          run and win in 06 and 08.