Re: 500 write-in candidates in 2008

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 8, 2004
      I wish Ross Perot ran this time to help Kerry. Miss that old man.

      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 8, 2004
        That's a good idea. What popular conservative people with a fortune to run
        their campaign with are there who might like to run in 2008 as independent or
        3rd party candidates?

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 8, 2004
          Is that necessary? I don't think Jeb Bush will get the nomination in
          2008. And I have no problem with a President McCain or Powell.

          Ram

          --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, "greg" <gregcannon1@y...>
          wrote:

          > That's a good idea. What popular conservative people with a
          fortune to run
          > their campaign with are there who might like to run in 2008 as
          independent or
          > 3rd party candidates?
          > --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, "Ram Lau" <ramlau@y...>
          wrote:

          > > I wish Ross Perot ran this time to help Kerry. Miss that old man.
          > >
          > > Ram
        • tonymaloley
          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 14, 2004
            If I run into Warren Buffett in Omaha, I'll ask him to run for
            president on all the values the majority of Nebraskans hold dear,
            because we need a good third party conservative candidate, and then
            I'll wink-wink.

            That should suck enough votes away from the Republicans. Hell, he
            might win.

            I think he's a Democrat, (has complained that his taxes are too low!)
            but I think he has enough money to cloud that issue, and enough folk
            hero status in this state to win its endorsement.

            But the odds are pretty good he has other business he would rather
            attend to. Maybe I'll ask him for $100,000,000 to run my campaign
            for the house, and the white house in 2012 when I'm old enough. He
            wouldn't miss the money. -Tony

            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 15, 2004
              > I think he's a Democrat, (has complained that his taxes are too
              > low!) but I think he has enough money to cloud that issue, and

              His effective tax rate is like 3% when the middle-class including
              his secretary is paying like 30% or more. That's why he whined about
              how unfair the tax system is. Sure, he's a Democrat (probably
              because of his little sense of fairness).

              If he's to run for something, I hope he will run for Senate. Kinda
              like Corzine buying out a Senate seat. It will be very interesting
              to see him working with Al Franken and Jerry Springer, if they all
              run and win in 06 and 08.