500 write-in candidates in 2008

    Message 1 of 6 , Nov 7, 2004
      A friend is trying to start a project to recruit 500 presidential
      write-in candidates in 2008, as a protest against the "dwindling
      choices in government ... it might jam the gears slightly, more than
      just 3rd party votes." The project will probably be mostly web-based
      (if it ever gets off the ground at all).

      I wondered what you all think of the idea, but also any advice you
      have for him on how to go about doing it. Each state probably has
      different requirements for getting on the ballot as a write-in
      candidate. And of course if any of you are over 35, born in the
      country, and feel like running for president, I'll get you in touch
      with my friend.
      Message 2 of 6 , Nov 8, 2004
        I wish Ross Perot ran this time to help Kerry. Miss that old man.

        Message 3 of 6 , Nov 8, 2004
          That's a good idea. What popular conservative people with a fortune to run
          their campaign with are there who might like to run in 2008 as independent or
          3rd party candidates?

          Message 4 of 6 , Nov 8, 2004
            Is that necessary? I don't think Jeb Bush will get the nomination in
            2008. And I have no problem with a President McCain or Powell.

            Ram

            --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, "greg" <gregcannon1@y...>
            wrote:

            > That's a good idea. What popular conservative people with a
            fortune to run
            > their campaign with are there who might like to run in 2008 as
            independent or
            > 3rd party candidates?
            > --- In prezveepsenator@yahoogroups.com, "Ram Lau" <ramlau@y...>
            wrote:

            > > I wish Ross Perot ran this time to help Kerry. Miss that old man.
            > >
            > > Ram
          • tonymaloley
            Message 5 of 6 , Nov 14, 2004
              If I run into Warren Buffett in Omaha, I'll ask him to run for
              president on all the values the majority of Nebraskans hold dear,
              because we need a good third party conservative candidate, and then
              I'll wink-wink.

              That should suck enough votes away from the Republicans. Hell, he
              might win.

              I think he's a Democrat, (has complained that his taxes are too low!)
              but I think he has enough money to cloud that issue, and enough folk
              hero status in this state to win its endorsement.

              But the odds are pretty good he has other business he would rather
              attend to. Maybe I'll ask him for $100,000,000 to run my campaign
              for the house, and the white house in 2012 when I'm old enough. He
              wouldn't miss the money. -Tony

              Message 6 of 6 , Nov 15, 2004
                > I think he's a Democrat, (has complained that his taxes are too
                > low!) but I think he has enough money to cloud that issue, and

                His effective tax rate is like 3% when the middle-class including
                his secretary is paying like 30% or more. That's why he whined about
                how unfair the tax system is. Sure, he's a Democrat (probably
                because of his little sense of fairness).

                If he's to run for something, I hope he will run for Senate. Kinda
                like Corzine buying out a Senate seat. It will be very interesting
                to see him working with Al Franken and Jerry Springer, if they all
                run and win in 06 and 08.