Re: Fwd: good advice for the democrats?

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2004
      It's too bad that Obama's already said no to running for higher office
      in 08:
      http://politicalwire.com/archives/2004/11/04/obama_will_not_run_in_2008.html
      November 04, 2004
      Obama Will Not Run in 2008
      Calling it as "a silly question," Sen.-elect Barack Obama (D-IL)
      pledged "he would resist any overtures to run for president or vice
      president before the end of his six-year term as a U.S. senator," the
      Chicago Sun-Times reports.

      Said Obama: "I was elected yesterday. I have never set foot in the
      U.S. Senate. I've never worked in Washington. And the notion that
      somehow I'm immediately going to start running for higher office just
      doesn't make sense."

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2004
        Don't forget that Bobby Kennedy was comparatively a small potato in
        1961 and nobody he would become an icon in the Senate in 1964 and
        then a frontrunner in the Democratic primaries in 1968.

        4 years is a long, long time. But of course, it would be better if
        the President was LBJ instead.