Libya warplanes bombing Tripoli: resident

    Message 1 of 1 , Feb 21, 2011
      http://news.yahoo.com/s/nm/20110221/wl_nm/us_libya_protests_jets;_ylt=AgKGfuFBN8U4GIFqZphiz3hg.3QA;_ylu=X3oDMTE1b2xlZW9qBHBvcwMxBHNlYwN5bi1jaGFubmVsBHNsawNsaWJ5YXdhcnBsYW4-

      Libya warplanes bombing Tripoli: resident
      – Mon Feb 21, 1:28 pm ET

      LONDON (Reuters) – Libyan warplanes were bombing indiscriminately across Tripoli on Monday, a resident of the Libyan capital told al Jazeera television in a live broadcast.
      "What we are witnessing today is unimaginable. Warplanes and helicopters are indiscriminately bombing one area after another. There are many, many dead," Adel Mohamed Saleh said.
      Saleh, who called himself a political activist, said the bombings had initially targeted a funeral procession.
      "Our people are dying. It is the policy of scorched earth." he said. "Every 20 minutes they are bombing."
      Asked if the attacks were still happening he said: "It is continuing, it is continuing. Anyone who moves, even if they are in their car they will hit you."
      There was no independent verification of the report but Fathi al-Warfali, the Libyan activist who heads the Swiss-based Libyan Committee for Truth and Justice, who was taking part in a protest outside U.N. European headquarters in Geneva said he had heard the same reports.
      "Military planes are attacking civilians, protesters in Tripoli now. The civilians are frightened. Where is the United Nations, where is Amnesty International?" al-Warfali told Reuters.