Re: The Birth of a Nation

    Message 1 of 5 , Jul 6 5:34 PM
      I'm not positive about the screening. So Wilson had been publicly
      racist before he was elected?
      Greg

      Message 2 of 5 , Jul 6 7:18 PM
        Before he was elected he was already quite anti-black as the
        President of Princeton. But racism was prevalent in those days and
        no one really made a big deal about it. Monroe Trotter and DuBois
        were just quite disappointed by Taft's indifference in the suffering
        of blacks and wishfully thought an educated Democrat would know
        better.

        Wilson turned out to be the last social conservative served as a
        Democratic President. One generation later, FDR and Truman changed
        the Democratic Party and US politics completely.