Re: Fwd: good advice for the democrats?

    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 6, 2004
      Like I said, Clark-Obama 08!

      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 6, 2004
        It's too bad that Obama's already said no to running for higher office
        in 08:
        http://politicalwire.com/archives/2004/11/04/obama_will_not_run_in_2008.html
        November 04, 2004
        Obama Will Not Run in 2008
        Calling it as "a silly question," Sen.-elect Barack Obama (D-IL)
        pledged "he would resist any overtures to run for president or vice
        president before the end of his six-year term as a U.S. senator," the
        Chicago Sun-Times reports.

        Said Obama: "I was elected yesterday. I have never set foot in the
        U.S. Senate. I've never worked in Washington. And the notion that
        somehow I'm immediately going to start running for higher office just
        doesn't make sense."

        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 6, 2004
          Don't forget that Bobby Kennedy was comparatively a small potato in
          1961 and nobody he would become an icon in the Senate in 1964 and
          then a frontrunner in the Democratic primaries in 1968.

          4 years is a long, long time. But of course, it would be better if
          the President was LBJ instead.