Re: ?

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2004
      Gay marriage defeats John Kerry. Finally, I learned how irrelevant
      issues and policies are in American politics and how shallow the
      American people can be.

      Ram
    • Gregory
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2004
        I think we all are upset. And I am sure we have very strong words
        that we have voiced with those around us.

        Ram you are right. But I am thankful, (and I put you and Greg in my
        thoughts) and bet we are at least happy that when it comes to the
        culture war we are on the side that reads newspapers, follows the
        issues, thinks with rational and logical processes. The right wing
        nut-jobs who pushed the gay marriage issue on the ballots and drove
        the vote totals throughout the country are devoid of rational debate
        on this issue.

        Can you image the likes of Truman (blacks in the military) or JFK or
        LBJ (voting rights) putting civil rights up to the voters?!

        Gay people suffered a major loss last night that has end results we
        can not even begin to measure this morning.