?

    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 3, 2004
      So what do you all think of the result? Barring a miracle in Ohio,
      Bush has won an electoral and popular majority. How long will it take
      for Ohio to be decided? How will the Senate be different without
      Daschle, but with Salazar, Obama, and other new members? Will the
      country remain this polarized throughout the next four years? And who
      might get nominated in 2008?

      Greg
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 3, 2004
        Gay marriage defeats John Kerry. Finally, I learned how irrelevant
        issues and policies are in American politics and how shallow the
        American people can be.

        Ram
      • Gregory
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 3, 2004
          I think we all are upset. And I am sure we have very strong words
          that we have voiced with those around us.

          Ram you are right. But I am thankful, (and I put you and Greg in my
          thoughts) and bet we are at least happy that when it comes to the
          culture war we are on the side that reads newspapers, follows the
          issues, thinks with rational and logical processes. The right wing
          nut-jobs who pushed the gay marriage issue on the ballots and drove
          the vote totals throughout the country are devoid of rational debate
          on this issue.

          Can you image the likes of Truman (blacks in the military) or JFK or
          LBJ (voting rights) putting civil rights up to the voters?!

          Gay people suffered a major loss last night that has end results we
          can not even begin to measure this morning.